Here is what I do for each tablet:
- Reset the lockscreen and background images if necessary (I find if we end up with a lot of silly classmate photos on the startup screen, that just encourages the students to take even more photos, particularly from class to class).
- Clear the update alerts & notifications.
- Clear the camera gallery (see point 1 above!).
- Clear any recently-added games or inappropriate apps (the Zippo lighter app seemed to be popular one week...).
- Force quit any apps running in the background.
- Power the tablet off completely for the weekend.
- Wipe down the screen (so they look super shiny and new!)