Here is what I do for each tablet:
- Reset the lockscreen and background images if necessary (I find if we end up with a lot of silly classmate photos on the startup screen, that just encourages the students to take even more photos, particularly from class to class).
- Clear the update alerts & notifications.
- Clear the camera gallery (see point 1 above!).
- Clear any recently-added games or inappropriate apps (the Zippo lighter app seemed to be popular one week...).
- Force quit any apps running in the background.
- Power the tablet off completely for the weekend.
- Wipe down the screen (so they look super shiny and new!)
This also gives me the chance to make sure that each tablet is working correctly - one week I found a tablet that wouldn't rotate the screen when tipped. Quick Google search, and it was fixed and ready to go for the next week.
This was just an off-the-top of my head routine that I started doing on Fridays... how do you take care of school-owned technology? Is there anything I should be adding to my list?